Sunday 3 April 2011

What else should I do?

So the New York Pass lasts seven days, and will cover many, but not all, of the things I already know I want to see. And I have eight days and nights available, assuming jetlag doesn't carry over too much into Thursday.  And while everything seems to close for Christmas Day and Thanksgiving, Easter doesn't seem to rate a mention.  In Aus, everything shuts for Good Friday, half of Anzac Day and all of Christmas Day.(*)

What are some of the other things I should really do?

Here's some of the things I've already identified:
  • Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum
  • See a Broadway show, probably Wicked, as I missed it when it was in Melbourne
  • See my friend Mardie perform
  • Have a slap-up dinner at some place posh (recommendations and dinner companions eagerly sought)
  • High Line Park
  • Self-directed walking tours around bits of Manhattan



(*) As the daughter of my friend Snarky Bean(**), and Daughter's beau discovered when they flew in from Japan and LA respectively late on Christmas Eve.  So I invited them to join us for Christmas Day at my folks' place.  I don't think we scared/scarred them too badly.
(**) Not her real name



Every now and then you find something actually entertaining in a Christmas cracker - in this case some plastic lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment