Monday 18 April 2011

Thirty-six hours to go (but who's counting?)

In thirty-six hours from now, I will be on the bus to Melbourne airport, starting a twenty-eight hour travelling marathon.

In the next thirty-six hours, I need to
  1. Do another day's work, including a final nag to all my very slack clients (myself included) who have not sent all the necessary information so I can complete their financial statements and/or income tax returns for the year ended 30 June 2010.
  2. Bring in all the washing done on the weekend
  3. Do another couple of loads tonight of anything the boys or I might want to take with us
  4. Do a weight-check of the stuff I'm proposing to take, to see whether I need to prune my packing list.  Woah - 11.5kg.  Sorry guys, no Tim Tams.
  5. Prepare toiletries/medicines bag for the kids
  6. Make sure the Easter bunny knows where the kids are this Easter (ie get some chocky eggs for my parents to give to the kids I found some bilbies
  7. Get some Peppermint Crisps for Violet, some chocolate coated soft liquorice for biscuit, some OTC medicine for Harri, a small souvenir kangaroo for kerrie, and some Tim Tams to show friends how to do the Tim Tam slam. (Thank goodness quarantine isn't as strict going into the US as it is going into Aus or NZ.)
  8. Check all my electronic doodads are fully charged (camera, iPad, iPhone) and that I have the chargers plus the adaptor
  9. Check all the kids' electronic doodads are fully charged (old camera, iPod touch, DS) and that they have the requisite chargers.
  10. Get my nails done - they're a mess (booked for tomorrow 6pm); the hair cut tidyup might not happen.
  11. Pack my bag.
  12. Pack the kids' bags
  13. Try to get one anda half good nights' sleep (tomorrow night will be a half night at best, but tonight needs to be a reasonable kip)
Easy peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment