Sunday 1 January 2012

MH to KLIA

We've got a three hour layover in Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). I've not been here before, but I like it. It's spacious, bright and very empty, although that might be because we got here before 6am local time.

We ran into JD's cousin, Will, at Melbourne airport (not unexpected). It turns out he was on our flight (which was unexpected), and managed to get a seat very near ours. He wanted very much to stay awake, so that he'd sleep for his next (12 hr) leg (on to London), but I noticed he dozed off.

Malaysia Airlines (MH), our carrier for the MEL-KUL leg, were good. The plane was *very* cold - every single passenger on that plane had their skimpy blanket wrapped tightly around them, even my parents (who never do). I'm very glad I wore my warmest clothes on the plane - even so I was almost too cold to sleep. However, I must have at some point because Jos apparently clambered over me to go to the loo at some point. The food was reasonable, and the tea plentiful and reasonably hot (although they got a little flustered at our request for real milk rather than powdered "krim", but were able to fetch some each time).

KLIA has good free wifi, and an extraordinary array of shops. And that's just in the C terminal where our flights come in and leave from. Lots of clean toilets (always a bit a hit and miss with airports), good signage, wide open spaces with mostly retail downstairs, and food upstairs.

Ooop, we're being summoned. Time to get to the boarding gate.

We're about to head to the boarding lounge for the next leg (KUL-MAA), and we'll first encounter India in about five hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment