Saturday 31 December 2011

Happy New Year

May your year be filled with excitement and adventure, joy and wonderment, peace and contentment.

I think we might have a bit of a headstart on the first two of those, as our flight to INDIA where we will be for THREE WEEKS leaves in less than an hour.


Given it's the start of a brand new year, and a time for resolving to improve oneself, I have boldly recorded my New Year Resolutions. If you choose to continue reading, I challenge you to add your own in the comments!



New Years Resolutions 2012.

Health & Fitness

  • Get back into a daily exercise routine, even if it's just ten minutes on the rowing machine each morning
  • Train a minimum of four hours a week average (that means target five hours, to allow for injury, travel, CBF-ness)
  • Get back down to competition weight (around 7kg/15lb to shed, around 10% of my present weight)
    • This means I'll drink less alcohol and more water
    • This also means I'll eat more vegies and fewer lollies and chocolate bars
    • And damn it, it also means I'll have to food-journal. It sucks, but it works (for me)
  • Work on healing wonky joints, so they become less of a liability (left hip, both wrists, both ankles)
  • Aim to compete in open division (rather than Masters) in TKD if feasible (only chance of becoming National Champion)
Family & friends
  • Continue planning "Pleasant Sunday Afternoons", as a means to catch up with equally-busy friends (and hopefully guilt them into coming to at least one every now and then)
  • Spend more time with the kids (although I am a strong proponent and practitioner of benign neglect)
  • Re-instate monthly date nights with my husband. Cheaper and yummier that marriage counselling!
Community 
  • Target at least twelve plasma donations, by scheduling them every other week where possible (the odd cold, school holidays and other commitments mean I have to skip the odd one). [I managed ten donations this year - as an O+ with nice fat veins, they'd rather have my plasma than my blood. I consider it to be my volunteer work/community contribution.]
  • Unfortunately, between our training commitments and the kids not being quite old enough to leave at home alone, I'm a bit limited in what else I can do. I probably can't join back in with the amateur choir I used to sing with, although I loved it. And rejoining school council might also be infeasible. Eh, this should be resolutions, not excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment