Wednesday 4 July 2012

Noosa - Day 3

Today, Tuesday, was much more of a sitting around day than initially planned. K & G and the nieces set off around 10:30/11ish for a bus to the Heads, and then some pleasant walks.

My right eye got the irits Monday down at the beach, so I removed my contact lenses once we got back. (I did bring my glasses, but not my prescription sunglasses.) It was still very red and muscle-achy Tuesday, so I didn't want to put then contacts back in. Which means the kayaking plan for me was out - splashy action on the glary water.

No-one else seemed terribly enthusiastic, so we ended up sitting around reading and pottering.

Around 1 pm-ish, we set off down the street for some lunch, and after reading many menus ended up choosing Maisie's. Regrettably, neither my husband nor children are big seafood fans, so we couldn't justify the massive $50 seafood platter for two (but easily 3-4). Instead, I went for the $25.50 cold seafood platter for one.

Maisie's cold seafood platter for one
It included a whole Moreton Bay Bug (flathead lobster), a shelled crab, marinated mussels, king prawns, marinated baby octopus, oysters, as well as a generous salad, and some fruit. Followed by a rather nice apple and rhubarb pie.


Put it this way: I didn't need dinner. (I did need a bandaid - Bug shells have some really sharp bits.)

1 comment: