Monday 11 July 2011

Bags are packed...

And as expected, the weight limit is not going to be a problem - none of the bags are over 6kg (7kg limit). My handy-dandy checklist has check marks in each of the boxes (except for a long-sleeve t-shirt for JD - he doesn't have any - but I convinced him to pack a hoodie in lieu). Unfortunately, the couple of extra tops I ordered through Amazon (shipped via Snarky Bean) haven't made it here in time, so I don't get to try out my silk thermals this time.

Alarm is set for o'dark thirty (also known as 5am), aiming to get out the door by 5:30am, so that we are definitely on the road by 5:45. It's about an hour to the airport, probably less at this time of the morning, but it is school holidays. So while the roads will be relatively empty, the airport car park will be chockers. We must be checked in at least 90mins before the flight (ie 7:20am), and through security not too long afterwards, although we'll have a second breakfast before boarding the plane.

Snow update: almost all fields were closed today - they couldn't keep the roads clear due to the amount of snow falling. The two Queenstown fields (The Remarkables and Coronet Peak) remained open, so even if Cardrona is closed on Wednesday, we may still have options. My reading of the forecasts is that the snow should be easing by tomorrow night, and by the weekend we should have sunny skies. Fingers crossed!

Off to bed, and hopefully a good night's sleep - my back has decided now's a good time to play silly buggers. I'm hoping the ibuprofen and hot water bottle will convince it to calm down. There's a lot of constrained sitting in the next twenty-four hours, which will not be fun if I can't get my back to back off.  'night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment