Wednesday 4 May 2011

Home again, home again, jiggedy jig.

I walked in the front door of home at 11:30am local time, Wednesday, 4 May) - the same time my train left Montauk Monday morning.  Which means I've been travelling 24 hrs (we crossed the date line) + 14 hours time zone difference. That's 38 hours solid. No wonder I'm knackered.  I did manage to get some kip on both flights - sleep would be too generous a term - so I should manage to stay up until regular bedtime, which will help reset my body clock.

I've snarfled some food from the fridge (ie picked the carcase of the bbq chook clean), had a grapefruit, a few Tim Tams and I have a cuppa in front of me. After my shower, I weighed myself. JD and I had been making a concerted effort to lose about 10kg each, and we were both down about 7kg two weeks ago when I left. All that delicious food, plus the chips and cake and cheetos at Montauk have taken their toll, and I've regained a good third of that. Never mind - some of it will come off quickly, the rest will take the usual hard work and discipline.

The first of several loads of washing is in the machine, and I collect the kids from school in a couple of hours. It'll be great to see them, but I'll have to wait until tonight to see JD.  I love travel, and going to new places, but the best part is always coming home to loved ones.

I'll aim to update the placeholder posts over the weekend - now that I'm on a desktop (tabs, multiple screens etc) it'll be much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment